Cooking for yourself can be a drag. For those days I like to opt for meals that have little to no prep, and come together in a snap. Tonight I pulled together a quick meal that was ready in about 15 minutes. My kind of meal!
Pan Seared Snapper with Spicy Broccolini
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2 (1 with leftovers)
- 1 snapper filet
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 yam
- 2 tbs olive oil (divided)
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1.5 tsp Creole Spice Mix*
- 1 dash cracked red pepper
- Squeeze of lemon or lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the yam and poke with a fork. Cook in the microwave until done, about 10 minutes. I used the baked potato setting and set for 3 potatoes.
- In a pan drizzle 1 tbs olive oil, and a dash of cracked pepper. Heat until sizzling. Meanwhile chop the broccolini into 1 inch segments. When the oil is hot add the broccolini and stir for a minute. Add in 1 minced garlic clove and stir. Turn the heat down and put the lid on. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a second pan, drizzle the remaining 1 tbs olive oil and heat until simmering. Meanwhile pat dry the snapper filet and sprinkle evenly with 1.5 tsp creole seasoning. When the oil is hot, add the snapper skin side down. Cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until done. While the fish is cooking, prep the parsley and remaining garlic.
- When the fish is done remove from the pan, and add 1 tbs of butter. Add the chopped parsley and remaining garlic clove and stir for one to two minutes. Remove from the pan and spread evenly across the snapper filet.
- Prep your yam with the remaining slat of butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Plate all ingredients, squeeze the lemon over the fish and broccolini, serve and enjoy!