After making my favorite quiches for my high school girls this last weekend, I had some left over pie dough. I hate throwing away perfectly good dough, so I decided to put together a quick berry pie!
I had blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries on hand. But you could use any combination of your favorites.
- 1/2 cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbs Cornstarch
- 2 1/4 tsp Coconut Sugar (you can used any kind)
- Pie Crust (I used this recipe)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Place pie crust into your pan. I used a 9 inch spring form pan because all my pie plates were in use.
- Quickly slice the strawberries into thin circles, put in a bowl, add in the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- If you have time let the berries sit for about 30 mins. I was running short on time so I skipped this step.
- Pour the berry mixture into the pie crust, if you have any dough left over you can cut it into thin strips and lay over the top to make a simple lattice (optional). Bake for 35 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly and crust is light brown.
I loved how easy this pie was, how little sugar I could use in it, and how amazingly delicious it was! Leftover pie crust has never looked so good!