I love quick Asian noodle dishes. They come together in a snap and are packed full of refreshing flavors. Today I had a craving for a dinner that had bright flavors – like lime and vinegar. I came across this post by Recipe Tin Eats. It’s quick, easy, healthy and amazing!
Based on what I had in the fridge I made a few edits which did alter its Vietnamese flair, but not its flavor. I used tofu, but you could use shrimp (like the original), chicken, or pork. I hope you enjoy this quick refreshing meal and go check out more recipes from Recipe Tin Eats!
Zesty Asian Noodle Salad : (Adapted slightly from Vietnamese Shrimp Noodle Salad)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time : 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Serves 3-4 (2 with leftovers)
- 1 package extra firm tofu, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 large garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 rolls dried egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup carrot, cut into fine matchsticks
- 1/4 mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- Slice the tofu into 1/4 inch slices, then press with a paper towel to remove excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Place the tofu in a single layer in the pan. Cook until outsides become crispy but not hard, 10 – 15 minutes depending on heat. Turn often.
- Meanwhile chop your veggies and set aside.
- When the tofu is done remove and drain on a paper towel. To the same pan add the mushrooms and garlic, sauté until cooked, about 3 mins.
- While the mushrooms are cooking put a pot of water on to boil for the noodles.
- Mix together the dressing in a bowl and set aside. Add your noodles to the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- When the mushrooms are done, turn off the heat, and add in the carrots and cabbage. Chop the tofu into bite-size pieces and mix with the veggies. Pour half of the dressing on the veggie/tofu mix and stir until combined.
- When the noodles are done, drain them and add directly to the veggie mix. Add the remaining dressing, stir to combine.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.